Friday, March 27, 2009

Won't touch this.

OK, so I have a confession to make. As most of you who already know me are aware, I'm very much into fashion. I'm not necessarily interested in being a part of the scene, but I do like to stay informed and I consider the way I and others dress to be very important. So a fashion piece for Buenos Aires has been looming in my head since I arrived. There is one particular trend that i want to touch on, the immensely popular Genie Pant. So, after all this preamble, my confession is that I, like many news shows before me, have gone around taking pictures of people when they weren't looking as to capture this phenomenon in the wild.

I see what they're going for. Casual wear / nice and loose = comfortable.



Unfortunately, what they're getting is an "I shat my pants and I'm proud" look.




I guess, though I'm not endorsing or advising it, if you ever find yourself with the desire or need to wear these MC-Hammer-poo-traps, make sure that when playing with the proportion and fit of the garment the focus is on the legs, not the ass.

You want to look like this:



Not this:

No comments:

Post a Comment